Friday, June 10, 2005

PROUD TO BE THE FATHER OF A GAY

My daughter is gay and I am straight, but that doesn't negate our mutual love and respect. I believe it was fate that this was to be as she met her mate some 20 years ago and their love for each other continues to grow.

And I have grown to love her lover as I love my own. She is family to me as they are to one another. In fact, they were wed and said their vows perhaps two years ago in 'Frisco and although it was not official legally, it was as important to them as it is to me. They are wed symbolically and morally and no matter what politicians and religions say, they cannot legislate true love away.

As the father of two brides who, standing side by side, agree to live in harmony and holy matrimony, I have grown to understand no one has the right to say two should not live together in this or any other way.

I have learned a lot about love and human emotion by witnessing the shared devotion these two demonstrate. This is how the unity of two in love should forever be.

And so, somewhat belatedly, on behalf of my daughter Ande, I welcome her love, Dany, to the family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home