Friday, July 14, 2006

SHAME ON SUPERMAN!

Superman, oh Superman, take a tip from a loyal fan who liked your looks in comic books and has seen you on the silver screen fighting crime and every time you scored an heroic deed I grew more proud to be a buddy of the kid from Kryptonite.

Last night I watched your latest flick and I must admit it made me sick to see my old-time hero let the whole world fall apart while he saves his ex-sweetheart from the forces of evil. Unbelievable! Please explain why you must let your lust for Lois Lane be a faction that impacts your he-man action in favor of physical attraction? Why have you become so dumb to let lust turn you into a wimp? Are you for real, oh mighty Man of Steel?

I couldn't believe what I saw. You, the champion of the law, for shame! You let the world go up in flame while looking for
that dame in peril. Where'll this all end? Get wise, Clark Kent in disguise, or I'll switch my loyalty to Batman. Now that's a man who never lets sex keep him from preventing wrecks, fighting fires and inspiring our nation's youth to protect truth and
justice and the American Way. Things that you used to do, I might say.

The next time you take a trip into space or any place, forget that Newsy sob sister, Mister Hero, and battle crime big time or write a rhyme, land in a Seven Eleven to catch a thief, then stop a shopper from being arrested by a copper for stealing a pound of beef at a Wal-mart super store. Later in the afternoon pick up Iraq and drop it on the moon. And if all that doesn't make your day, go back home and clean up the city you left in disarray.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee. I saw this too. I was entertained but annoyed that the creators obviously were already looking to the sequel instead of paying attention to the ending of the current film. I hate when they do that! But I did like some of their references to the comic book, like when they recreated the cover of the first issue with Superman "dipping" Lex's girlfriend with one arm and holding the car in the other.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed-

I've just had a brief few minutes to skim some of your poems before bedtime... so far, so funny.

I enjoyed spending time with you and Larry in Chicago. I look forward to reading your creative works in more detail later. I'll follow up then. Take care.

Mike Liyeos

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home