Thursday, July 06, 2006

GITTIN' OLD

The worstest thing 'bout gittin' old's admittin' yer old. I heered told when I were no more a youngun an' knew the end were comin' 'round the bend I figger better tend to bizness an' sich stuff that's a-comin' soonest enuff so when the reaper starts in creepin' in me sleepin' an' garantee he be keepin' a place up thar reservedly just fer me I be ready when he let me git through them golden gates.

Of late I seein' in me dreams what seems to be me mom an' dad, my missus an' all the kids we should o' had an' all the relatives what has died an' now's be livin' on the other side, some I loved and some I cain't abide, but when I be above in God's hometown I ain't about to put 'em down.

Oh, what a party we be havin' me an' them and frens an' such, the folks I miss so much. An' I guess oncet we greet we's sit down an' eat all kinds o' meat an' cakes an' pies an' sweets an' home fry taters an' fresh tamaters off the vine an' we drink wine and good homebrew an' such as what be illegal. An' I be pettin' my ol' beagle. He be a best fren to me. He got thar ahead o' me, y 'see, 'cause dogs cain't live to a hunnert an' three like me. But God, he's gonna wave his golden wand an' all those years an' aches an' pains be disapear,

Oh my oh me! It sure gonna be a comin' home fer me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home