Friday, January 13, 2006

MEMORIES OF BETTY

When will the memories fade? When will the plans we made, the games we played fade into the past and let me move ahead? How long has my love been dead?

Betty was the sunshine of my life. I sat beside her helplessly and watched her waste away, a little more each day. No more the dynamo I used to know. Now a sleeping, weeping frightened shell of the woman I knew so well.

Betty was wise, surprising, improvising, devising ways to fill my needs. She could tell when I was sad, aching from the pain I had. She'd hold my hand which said "I understand. I care." And we'd go on from there. She did not often talk of love. That was not her style. I knew it by her smile. She'd build me up when I was low She offered affection and direction when I knew not where to go.

It's said behind each successful man there's a woman who can enhance his success, can press him on to greater heights. The delights in the night can ease the stressful days in many ways,

I'm still here Betty's gone, She would want me to go on. I will until...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home