Monday, March 13, 2006

A DEVIL IN MY BRAIN

A devil reigns at some subterranean level in my brain. I must find the tyrant of my mind and get it out. No therapist or exorcist can do it, only I. Thus, I have meditated and mediated with the monster manipulating me to extricate the demon that dwells in the depths of me.

Did you know that contained in every brain, each tinier than a grain of sand, more complex than the whole of man are millions of cells and in each dwells a programmed thought or mindless memory? There, subconscious concentration causes all kinds of complications, tensions and apprehensions.

Did you know the ego and libido are in a constant state of war for power and each waking, sleeping hour are trying to devour the id that's hidden inside of the hide of of me?

But I have to ask myself this question: am I sure I want to cure myself of all this congestion and walk around with a whitewashed mind who thinks and records his words in invisible ink? Do I want it said that there's nothing in Ed's head but a lot of dead dread and dreary fear left over from a previous yesteryear?

True, I worry about my mentality but am wracked by a sentimentality for what I'll lose to gain what's on the wain in exchange for something strange that I will have to get used to, It's difficult, dramatic and traumatic to trade the old for something new but this is what I have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home