Wednesday, November 15, 2006

THE POLITICAL LOTTERY

The most hypnotic narcotic is politics. It's where dreamers, schemers and screamers go to get the ultimate fix. Big time boozers, winners, losers are at the mercy of millions of choosers in the number one lottery of all, the rise or fall in the winner take all best contest that will ever be.

Gals and guys who seek the prize have their eyes pointed in one direction: election to the presidency.

"Vote for me," they plea, "and I'll do this or I'll do that to do what I promised you I'd do. That's my ambition. If I fail, blame it on the opposition. When all the votes are in, if I win, this nation's brand new administration will be the answer to the people's prayers. If not, we got screwed by that dude who sold his soul to win control of the pot of gold. We got rolled."

The desperate last minuet assaults, the insults and the results they produce. Abuse! Abuse! Excuse! Excuse! Enough to stuff a Christmas goose! But what's the use? It's over now. This is how it usually goes at the close of political shows. What will be the final scene between Us and They is hard to say. Hopefully it will go our way. But you never can tell what hell awaits at the bottom of the wishing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home