Monday, October 09, 2006

INFLATION EXPLANATION

I think I'm smart when it comes to art and I'm not phased when called upon to coin a phrase. I've never met a met a metaphor I didn't like and I'm in my glory when thinking up a tale or story. I never fail to spot a plot and turn it into a work of fiction. The English language is my addiction. But in spite of my education and years of participation in creation I'm a dumb bunny when it comes to money.

My frustration: I don't understand inflation. Is it when the economy is hot and everybody spends a lot for things they haven't got and there's less in the pot for what they need but can't afford?

Is a nation in inflation when the Dow keeps rising and savvy investors know how to make it go higher until the sucker buyer invests his dough and then the market loses steam and the American dream dies when the rise turns into a fall and that is all. Bad luck? All their bucks ain't worth a dime. It happens all the time.

So what if the economy's super hot and prices rise?. Just forget the store that charges more. The Salvation Army and Good Will will fill the bill with nifty thrifty prices far below the fancy chains who have no brains but lots of greed. Discounts are out to make a buck and crooks sell cheap from a pickup trucks. And with luck you can work off the book and gyp the taxman, hook or crook.

So, sports, wear last year's used jockey shorts. Your wife won't get a new brazier, You'll be out of style for a while. Who can tell? Everybody you know will be shopping thrift as well.


The good news is you'll give up booze and beer while inflation's here and get by till prices tumble down. Then you can go out and paint the town. And all those economy clowns whose brains went on vacation will still think red ink's the way to end inflation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home