Saturday, May 07, 2005

A LONG, LONG , LONG, LONG LIFE

Is it probable and possible that someday man will survive maternity and live for an eternity enduring touring through years of fears and tears and Walmart shopping, trips to Sears and perhaps Gaps. and scores of discount stores and eating super size fries and pizza pies and grow up to be one of those Einstein-like wise guys as a candidate for the Nobel prize?

Will this man be so clever that he'll live forever, pleased that he's never ever succumbed to or come down with the flu or other things most mortals do and have to take a pill or two or a wonder drug that attacks and whacks those ailing and in failing health in spite of wealth that makes them richer than Bill Gates?

But what's the point of eternal life that outlives children, a dozen wives and the lives of cousins and legations of relations and friends and foes and all of those you knew since you were a kid of ninety-two? Eventually, potentially you'll be alone choking on a chicken bone, a peach or cherry stone while lying prone talking on the telephone and lapping up an ice cream cone when you will stop to take a breath and put a cold beer in your ear and freeze to death.

This much I know, I ain't so sold on living long knowing things can still go wrong, Even though I know I can't get sick a quirk of fate can send me on a trip to St. Peter's Gate where I'll have to wait while God and the angels debate. He'll state He hates to turn me down but I'm slated to stick around another thousand years. So here's the word of the Lord: Cough up that bone, have another ice cream cone and get that beer out of your ear. I fear you're not welcome here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home