Tuesday, July 12, 2005

MY SECRET WORLD

I live in a secret world inside of me with my fantasy family of children who all look like me and a mate of unquestioned loyalty, where everything I crave is free and friends all depend on me. My island's in the center of the Mystic Sea, beyond the reach of the IRS, of IOUs and union dues, of debts for bets I had to lose.

For what it's worth, it takes only a second to go from Earth to here. I do this constantly when life hassles me. I close my eyes and wish. Swish! I'm there. I share my time with those I create. I could be a hermit and live alone in this world all my own. Or have a loving family, sisters, brothers, many others. All it takes is imagination, determination.

I conceived my world while confined to my imprisoned mind behind the walls of an institution which thought it had the solution to care for people like me, victims of insanity. Lock 'em up, throw away the key. Fill 'em up with drugs and pills when they hurt. Let 'em view sitcoms day and night, feed 'em tasteless food three times a day with X-lax for desert.

Let 'em live in filth and dirt, sleep in halls, scratch lice and watch mice play hide-and-seek week after week. This routine will break their will and they will die. Cremate their remains and flush the ashes down the drain. Presto! One more empty bed to fill.

Check the waiting list. Jack or Jill, Sam or Lil, Dick or Rick, all were sick, they went quick. Juan is gone, infected by bites from blood-soaked fleas, Jose raped a nurse, then escaped. Cross him off the list. It goes on and on. Wasted souls wait to die. Freddie, Didn't he croak last week? No, that was Eddie, what a freak! Mary, she was sweet. Always biting her feet. What did her in? Who knows. Halitosis of the toes. Death's a joke. Poring over lists is boring. C'mon, let's go have a Coke.

Some names the same. Some had no names. Who cared? Who shared their pain? Did they live inside their brain like me? Are they somewhere out there in the Mystic Sea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home