Thursday, April 27, 2006

LIFE IN THE AFTERLIFE

I do not believe there is war after death or strife after life. If there is grief, it is brief, followed by a sigh of relief to be free from the fear that year after year you worried as soon as you were buried you'd be hurried to heaven or hell without a spell between the final scene.

I dreamt I died and was in an endless line at the All Night Heaven Seven Eleven waiting to buy a six pack of Cokes and telling dirty jokes to a Jesus freak fresh out of smokes. Then the talk tuned to confession and how it guaranteed admittance to heaven and good riddance to the devil. "And that's on the level," he said. "I know The Bible says it's so."

That was just a dream, but it seemed so real. Does it mean that even when I'm dead and gone the preaching will go on and on until I reach the Golden Gate after an endless wait at the All Night Heaven Seven Eleven?

Obviously, I'll just have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home