Saturday, June 03, 2006

PLOT IN THE POT

Congressman Shaft was accused of graft and a raft of other stuff. "I'll just hang tough," he said in a voice gruff and rough. "This investigation's just a minor aggravation that upsets my constipation but causes me no consternation or undue complications. When I am called to testify I might tell a small white lie but mostly I'll just deny, deny. Defy, defy, And if they try to fry my hide i'll commit.."

"Suicide?" I cried.

"No, not that," he replied. "Why'd I resort to that sort of thing? No, I'd just fall flat on my back and fake an amnesia attack."

"But what is that? I don't get it."

"Forget it," Shaft laughed. "Amnesia's when you can't remember what you remember to forget. And that's what gets you off the spot when things get hot."

"Hey, that's real slick. You get sick just that quick?"

"It's the oldest trick in politics. Some consider it outrageous but they all know it's contagious and the only sure cure is a dose of pardon that grows in the Bush Rose Garden. planted in pots hidden behind the forget-me-nots."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home