Friday, June 16, 2006

POEMS TO DIE BY

(The following are poems from my unpublished book on "Poems To Die By." If you like these, I'll publish more in future blogs.)


LAST REQUEST

Bury me deep, let me sleep, sleep, sleep for my days on this earth have been numbered. I'll not protest. Let me rest, rest, rest and go to my grave unencumbered. This is my cry, let me die, die, die. Bury my bones without every day bothers. Worry me not. Let me rot, rot, rot and decay in the clay of my fathers.

BLASTAWAY!

Here lies the corpse of Snorky C. Snorps. He died of no dire disease. While holding his nose at Slaughterhouse Joe's he blew himself up with a
sneeze.

FINAL REQUEST

When I die please do not cry. Just turn and walk away. I want to be alone so I can quietly decay.

OBITUARY TO LIFE

It happened in the early spring
That all the birds refused to sing
And all the squirrels left the trees
And there were no buzzing bees
To wile away the daylight hours
Pollinating fruits and flowers.
The cloudless skies dried up and so
There was no rain for things to grow.
And beneath a blazing sun
Bugs and weeds died one by one.
Fear gripped the helpless population.
Had Nature taken a vacation?
Or, even worse, the people cried,
Had life committed suicide?

DUST TO DUST

What can I do with my ashes after I've bitten the dust? What good's a bottle of bone? Not of much value, I trust. I don't want to be fertilizer for farmers and I disagree. What will I do with my ashes after they've cremated me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home