Monday, July 31, 2006

A SIGHTLESS WORLD AWAITS

Now that I have left this world behind I wonder what kind of world I'll find, perhaps a world where all are blind, where all perforce must look alike and share a singularity of mind, who in their sightlessness do not seek to impress those with less or envy those with more.

Since none can see, in no way will others be better off than me. They, like I, will share the inability to see. Our sense of taste will have gone to waste and how can a sense of smell tell if the first bite on a plate will sate a sightless appetite?

We will know the color of the sky is black. The clothes we wear, our skin and hair and whatever else out there is also black. Even what we obviously cannot see must be at least in shades of ebony. My neighbor's black and so am I and that leaves no room for bigotry. Our blessed blindness and our blackness will set us free. Thus, all of us will have no cause for bigotry.

I am black and you are black just like me. And the world of darkness we will share is a rare and wonderful place to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home