Monday, May 07, 2007

HAVE I LOST MY WAY?

Have I lost my way? Is this the game I choose to play? Will I lead a life astray until the final day when they cart me away? Am I destined for eternal loneliness and nothingness?

I am a dues paying member of the "Club of No Recall" who easily forgets and regrets what I might have been if I had remembered what I wanted to be. I expected more of me .

I entered a room where something was going on. The sign said "Rehearsing Room." I asked a man: "Are you rehearsing for a show?"

"No," he replied. "I just died and they're waiting for me. I am to be the star, but I have never been dead before and it's a fact. I don't know how dead people act,"

"This is my first time, too, but I can tell you what I know. I've watched so many people go. And they're all the same. They forget their name, yet crave fame all the same. Just relax. Be who you are. Then you'll be a star."
"But what of lines? What will I say. Where's my script?"
"It all waits for you in your crypt."
"And what if this play becomes a hit?"
"Then you'll live on though you are dead. At least that's what the critics said."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home