Saturday, April 29, 2006

IF YOU WONDER WHY

Just in case you haven't noticed I've changed my address from Florida to Indianapolis. If you wonder why I'd give up the palm trees, the seas and the sunny sky for a midwest blessed with snow and cold four months a year, let me tell you why I'm here.

At the eighty-three (which soon, come June, I'll be) I decided it is better that I be closer to my son than to the Florida sun for whatever years are left for me. My daughter lives in NYC which is too fast and loud and crowded for a hick like me. And they agreed that what I need will be found in the cold and windy Indy, still not far from family.

I still can write throughout the night and sleep most of the day. The food is great at Morningside where I reside. The folks are friendly as can be. They seem to have accepted me and I, they.

I can't yet say how they'll respond to my blogs and I'll just have to wait and see. But I won't change my views. I'll still write what I choose. To those who don't agree or see things differently, so it be. But Hoosiers are like folks everywhere. They care, they're aware, concerned with what goes on and fearful of a future plagued by uncertainty. But still they're cheerful and have faith in the future of the U. S. A.

Through my blogs the whole world is my oyster, Indy is my cloister and Hoosiers are now my extended family.

BEST REGARDS, Ed (Wegads).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home