Wednesday, August 30, 2006

DUBYA'S CONFESSION

I am the Master of Mediocrity, the defector from a dying democracy, the champion of hypocrisy. I break the laws legally and surpass all previous devious proponents of pie in the sky diplomacy.

I am the instigator and the perpetrator, the prevaricator who lied to send two thousand-plus just like us to die. Through dint of force, I did, of course, harm our relations with other nations and, eventually, among our own voting population.

Isn't it strange how one small war I assumed would not go far could go from boom to doom and quickly multiply the possibility of a mushroom cloud in the sky?

By falling for the lies I spread our country's deep in the red, out troops are dead and instead of marching in to win it quick, as I foolishly did predict, we're now in the thick of it and my once loyal constituency is sick of it.

In case you haven't guessed, I confess I'm the president that trickery, dishonesty and a lack of integrity won for me free rent in a great big house, a
super-jet get me to where I choose and, win or lose, I can't be fired for my incompetency. In one thousand eight, no matter how rich I be, I'll be home free with a pension no one can take away from me. And even if I go to jail, the life-long loot will pay my bail.
* * *

I wrote all this to get my guilt off my chest. I did my best to fake it through a job I knew I couldn't do. Even though I'm now ashamed, I loved the power and the fame, lying, denying and people buying what I said, walking, strutting like John Wayne, hiding the fact I'm insane without a brain, waking to sneer in the mirror and seeing the mirror sneer back at me. Now that I have said it, I'll shred it into tiny pieces and give it all to my friend, Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home