Monday, July 20, 2009

THINGS AIN’T THE WAY THEY USED TO BE

Has the American dream lost its steam? It’s not what it seems to be for me and mine. The price of homes are in decline, getting near the bottom line, so why am I being left behind?

Prices in stores all over town are less, not more, than they were before the cash crash. lenders offer lower rates and bait and switch dealer feelers are at last a thing of the past, thanks to federal manipulation regulations.

So what’s happening to my economy? Why am I out of the loop, no longer part of the group that can scoop up the savings, satisfy a few compulsive cravings? Why can’t I afford to down a few---a draft of beer, a glass of wine--- with that old gang of mine at the corner bar?

How can my neighbor buy a brand new car when I can’t even afford a ten cent cigar? Why can’t things for me be the way they used to be?

Me and millions know why things ain’t the same they were before. We’re playing the game but don’t win no more. We’re just a bunch of no good lazy slobs ain’t got no jobs. All the experts say things will change.

THEY OUGHTA. THEY GOTTA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home