Friday, August 28, 2009

WHERE AM I? I CAN’T FIND ME!

I walk in a graveyard of my dreams. It all seems so real. I reach out and feel markers in the dark, crosses, Hebrew stars, evidence of futile wars; crashing cars, incurable disease, crimes of hate, suicide when fate decides the hour’s late.

It’s night. Stars are bright. The moon’s draped in a cloudy shroud. I seek my resting place, cry out: “WHERE AM I? I CANT FIND ME!” I touch my eyes. feel tears. My ears hear fear pounding In my heart. Is this how death starts?

Sadness I feel is not for me or members of my family. It’s for those below I used to know. I hear their last good-byes, their fading sighs, the unanswered Whys.

Someday I’ll lay among the dead, hear visitors walking over my head, Shovels digging in the ground. I know the sound. Death again Is knocking at my door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home